One fill, no weight loss

nurse_becki
on 12/3/09 3:31 am
 I had my surgery on 10/15/09 and had my first fill 11/13/2009. I have not lost a single pound since my fill. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't feel any different. I know it will take a few fills before I get good restriction, but come on! 
My Realize Journey started 10/15/2009. 

MaMa_M
on 12/3/09 4:40 am - MI
I know how you feel...just be patient. I had my surgery on Sept. 15...I have lost 35 lbs so far. I go several days without losing anything then I will lose a couple of pounds. Make sure you get all your protein and get some exercise. While your weight may not be going down you could be losing inches. Try taking your measurements and see if there is a difference....you may even notice your clothes fitting differently.
MaMa M

Pixieland
on 12/3/09 8:15 am - Davison, MI
I'm with you.  I had my surgery 10/16 and my first fill 3 weeks ago.  They gave me 5cc's in my 14cc band and I have NO restriction at all so far.  I haven't lost any weight since my fill but haven't gained any either. I feel pretty good about that since I did have some pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and a few treats here and there since. (damn that pumpkin pie anyway!) I think they call this 'Banster's Hell'.  I have definately lost inches and I have clothes that I have shrunk out of now.  Wooo Hooo!!!
I go back on Dec. 8th for my next fill and I hope they give me a good one.  I'm ready to get this rolling.
We are in it together!!

We can do it!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

nurse_becki
on 12/3/09 8:23 am
 Thank you ladies! It always helps to know you are not alone in your struggles. I definitely need to kick myself in high gear and exercise more. I just always have this fear that if I'm not losing weight then I must have stretched my pouch. I still eat way too fast but I definitely eat less. I never get sick or have pain with eating. What if I've already ruined myself? I guess I'm just a nervous nelly. 
My Realize Journey started 10/15/2009. 

James M.
on 12/3/09 8:38 am - SAGINAW, MN
You have to be a little patient I just got my sixth fill today, up to 9cc in my 11 cc band,  the restriction still comes and goes but we have to use the band as a tool to help us eat less,you are on your way just hang in there!!
MARTY

Tom C.
on 12/3/09 10:36 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Fill "success" all depends how your doctor does it. Some do it under fluoroscope, which gives an accurate way of knowing how restricted someone is. Most Doctors do it "blind" (poke and hope) and it will take a few fills until you feel the restriction.

Don't give up hope or get fustrated - you'll be there soon. And if/when you're "too tight" you'll wish you never had the fill ;D !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 12/4/09 7:01 am - Davison, MI
Thanks Marty and Tom...us newbies need your pep talks.   You both have been where we are and have done great.  Patience has never been one of my strongest attributes...but I am in it for the long haul and I will keep my eyes on the prize!!
Have a great weekend!!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

over50woman1
on 12/4/09 8:59 am
Banded on 11/02 and I know where you're coming from. We'll get though this together.  I get my first fill on the 28 and hoping for some restriction.

Margie

dmstear
on 12/4/09 11:55 am
If it makes you feel any better, I had my surgery 7/30/09, and have had 3 fills and still havent lost any weight since the pre-op diet!!!! So frustrating
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 12/7/09 1:40 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I had my first fill 4cc. on Dec. 1st . I have only lost 2 lbs since then and have no restriction yet.  I really think this is what they call bandster hell. I feel like I can eat as much as I did before the fill. I know we will all get through this time, and when we get the restriction we will do much better.  We all have to remember that with the band the weight will come off much slower then with the other types of surgery.  Keep getting your protein and exercise in.  If you are not  losing weight take your measurement.  Sometime your body has to catch up with the weight  that we have lost .  
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active